Teach Times Tables
What is the best way to teach your child Times Tables? Below we discuss different methods of Teaching Times Tables and how children and adults react to them - cross, crying or roaring with laughter!
You can teach Times Tables with rote learning. Rote learning is all about repetition. Rote learning is all about repetition.
But rote learning is:
It takes about 3 years of rote learning at school to know all the Tables (that's if they actually teach Times Tables recall at all - most schools don't these days).
Uninspiring and unmemorable
more exciting to watch granny boil eggs.
Lacking any kind of creativity
unless you're a robotic goldfish and like that kind of thing.
You can teach Times Tables through song, but:
- There are 144 songs to memorise - even Maria from the sound of music would struggle.
- It can drive you batty hearing the tunes over and over and over and over and over again.
- It can take an age to get to the answer you're searching for and it also relies on you remembering the song correctly!
Or you can teach Times Tables with Table Fables!
- NOT dull or boring and filled with “laugh out loud” fun!
- Your child can learn independently and feel like they've truly achieved something on their own - they become their very own teacher.
- The animations are short and funny so NOT time-consuming and includes farts and jokes! Who doesn't love a bit of toilet humour?
- The answers lodge in the memory for longer with less practice needed than any other method, in fact, kids find it impossible to UNSEE the funny animation answers.
- Table Fables provides amazing incentives for your kids to learn so you don't have to! We take away that pain of needing to force your children to do something that you KNOW is absolutely necessary but god awful to make your child do!
- Maths is harder if they don't know their Times Tables but with Table Fables no child will ever struggle again.
Table Fables method is fun, fast and effective. It's simply the best way to teach Times Tables recall. We use visual learning to teach the Times Tables.
Visual learning has been proven to be the best way of retaining information for the majority of brains and is faster and more effective at teaching recall than any other method. We also provide built-in incentives for your child to keep practicing.
The brain processes visual information 60,000 times faster than text
What can we say - we have literally solved the nightmare of teaching your children their Times Tables. You can thank us later!